I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Wednesday 13 March 2013

Coconut Rice

I love coconut rice and until now I have only ever had it when it has been prepared for me.  The other night I made satay chicken and I thought how much I would like to have a side of coconut rice to go with it. I find the coconut and satay compliment each other so well.  After a little searching online I came across this recipe and thought it looked simple so I tried it.  The rice turned out great and I will definitely make it more.  I am glad I finally decided to try making it for myself.

Coconut Rice

1 14 oz can coconut milk
1 1/4 cups water
1 tsp sugar
pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups uncooked rice
  1. In a saucepan combine the coconut milk, water, sugar and salt.  Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
  2. Stir in rice.
  3. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
  4. Cover and reduce the heat, allowing to simmer for 18-20 minutes or until the rice is tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment