I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Friday 29 March 2013

Saffron Rice with Lime and Cashews

I like to use up my spices before they get too old and start to loose their flavour.  I had some saffron that I wanted to finish up because it has been in my spice drawer for a while now.  I have been meaning to try this recipe for a while now and I finally got a chance to the other night.  The flavours are not too overwhelming and it is a nice change to having plain rice as a side dish with meat.  If you would like more of any of the flavours I would add extra but it is very nice as is.

Saffron Rice with Lime and Cashews

1 1/4 cups boiling water
1/4 tsp spanish saffron
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 cups basmati rice
1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
1/4 cup grated coconut
1/4 cup lime juice
1 cup toasted cashews
  1. Add saffron to boiling water and set aside.
  2. Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat.  Add the rice and stir until it turns a golden yellow.
  3. Add the ginger and saffron liquid to the rice.  Cover and cook on low heat for 25 minutes.
  4. Stir in coconut, lime juice and cashews. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment