I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Sunday 17 March 2013

Spaghetti Squash with Peppers

This dish is a simple colourful dish that will brighten up any plate.  It takes a little time to cook the squash but it isn't a labour intensive side.  It tastes great fresh but also is great cold as left overs then next day.

Spaghetti Squash with Peppers

1 medium spaghetti squash
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp vegetable seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
1 red pepper, diced
1 green pepper, diced
2 cloves minced garlic

  1. Preheat the oven to 375. 
  2. Cut the squash in half and remove the seeds.  Place cut side up on a baking sheet and rub the cut side with about half of the olive oil.  Sprinkle with vegetable seasoning, salt and pepper.  Bake for 30 minutes or until the flesh is tender.
  3. Scrape out the squash flesh with a fork.
  4. Heat a frying pan with the remaining oil to medium heat.  Sauté the bell peppers and garlic until tender crisp.
  5. Add the flesh of the squash and toss to mix and heat evenly before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment