I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Tuesday 30 April 2013

Warmed Marinated Olives

For as long as I can remember I have been a huge fan of olives.  Normally I will just but them already marinated, bulk at the grocery store.  I came across this recipe in one of my cookbooks and thought it would be easy enough to make so I thought I would give it a try.  They were very easy to make and the flavour was amazing.  It is a perfect appetizer for the summer and really wows guests.

Warmed Marinated Olives

1/2 cup picholine olives
1/2 cup moroccan olives
1/2 cup nicoise olives
1 orange
1 lemon
2 sprigs fresh thyme
1 clove minced garlic
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  1. Rinse the olives under cold water to remove any brine.  Pat them dry with paper towels.
  2. Remove the zest from half of the orange in long thin strips with a citrus zester. Remove the zest from half of the lemon as well.
  3. In a bowl toss the olives with the olive oil, garlic, thyme, orange and lemon zest.
  4. Before serving, sauté them over medium-low heat.  Just enough to bring out their flavours and gently warm them.

No comments:

Post a Comment