I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Sunday 14 April 2013

Cauliflower Celeriac Puree

I am always looking for new ways to use cauliflower and experiment with new ingredients.  I was looking through one of my recipe books the other night and came across this one.  I had never used celeriac (celery root) before but I have always wanted to try it in something.
We were had my in-laws over for dinner the other night and they are always open to trying my experiments so I decided to give it a try.  It tasted wonderful and it is an excellent alternative to regular old mashed potatoes.
If you are wanting to dress it up a little when you serve it, a light dusting of nutmeg looks really nice and enhances the flavours.

Cauliflower and Celeriac Puree

1/2 head of cauliflower 
1/2 celeriac
1/2 fennel
1/4 cream
4 tbsp butter
salt and pepper to taste
  1. Cut the vegetables into pieces and place into salted boiling water.  Cook until very tender.
  2. Drain well and place in a blender with the cream and butter.  Puree until smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment