I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Friday 12 April 2013

Waffles

On the weekend there is nothing quite like having a nice, hot homemade breakfast.  One on my favourite breakfasts has to be fresh waffles serves with fresh fruit or a fruit sauce.  Whip cream is an added bonus but not necessary.
I use this recipe all the time.  It is very easy to make and they taste wonderful. Depending on how hungry you are and how many your feeding you might want to make a double batch.  I have one of the 6 inch round waffle irons and it makes about 6 waffles.  If you have extra, they can be frozen in a ziplock bag with parchment paper placed between the waffles.  When you want them all you have to do is take them out and place one in the toaster like you would do with store bought frozen waffles.

Waffles

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 3/4 cups milk
1/2 cup cooking oil or melted butter
1 tsp vanilla
  1. In a medium bow stur together flour, sugar, baking powder ans salt.  Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and set aside.
  2. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs slightly; stir in the milk, oil and vanilla.  
  3. Add the egg mixture all at once to the flour mixture.  Stir until just moist (it should still be slightly lumpy).
  4. Pour enough batter onto your waffle iron and cook according to the manufacturer's directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment