I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Tuesday 20 August 2013

Chocolate-Peanut Butter Ice Cream

I know I am not alone when I say that chocolate and peanut butter go so well together.  There are many ways this partnership can be enjoyed.  Growing up I remember my dad making himself peanut butter and chocolate chip sandwiches as a treat.  Reese's Pieces and Reese Peanut Buttercups are always great.
I was very happy to come across this chocolate and peanut butter ice cream recipe in one of our cook books and the resulting guilty pleasure is a wonderful treat. I am also very lucky because my husband enjoys trying different creations in our ice cream maker.  It is always nice to be able to have a couple of different ice creams in the freezer so you can enjoy different flavours depending on your mood. The only thing I need to work on now is my self control!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream

2 cups half and half cream
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup sugar
pinch of salt
1/2 cupi smooth peanut butter
  1. Whisk together the cream, cocoa powder, sugar and salt in a large sauce pan.
  2. Whisk the mixture as you heat it to a full, rolling boil. (It will start to foam up)
  3. Remove from the heat and whisk in the peanut butter until it is thoroughly blended.
  4. Chill the mixture.
  5. Churn it in you ice cream maker according to the manufaturer's instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment