I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Wednesday 21 August 2013

Blonde Zucchini Brownies

A couple years ago at a country fair I picked up a zucchini cookbook for fifty cents and it was worth every penny!  As you can tell by the duck tape, it has been well loved.  I highly recommend it to anyone who grows zucchinis.

This year is a particularly abundant year for zucchinis for my family so I have tried several recipes from it and I am a little behind in my posts.  There will be a bunch of zucchini posts for the next little while.  I have also found it is very easy to double or triple the recipes so I can have stuff to pull out of the deep freeze when short on time.
I have to admit this was my first time making blonde brownie, my mom has a amazing fudge-brownie recipe I use as my regular.  That being said this brownie tasted great and I think it will become one of my regular trying to use up the baseball bat zucchini recipes.

Blonde Zucchini Brownies

1/3 cup butter
1 tbsp hot water
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup peeled and diced zucchini
1/2 nuts (optional)
1/4 cup butterscotch chips
  1. In a large pan melt the butter with the hot water.  Add the brown sugar and beat well.
  2. Take off the heat and allow to cool for a bit.  Beat in the vanilla and egg.
  3. Mix together the dry ingredients and add to the sugar mixture.
  4. Stir in the zucchini (and the nuts if you are using them).
  5. Pour the mixture into a greased and floured 9x9 pan.
  6. Sprinkle with butterscotch chips and bake at 350 for 20 - 25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment