I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Wednesday 14 August 2013

Green Beans Amandine

It is always nice to put a bit of a twist on your vegetables so you are not eating the same thing over and over again.  I try to keep an eye out for recipes that will not add a lot of prep time but will add to the flavour.  Last night I was looking for a different way to enjoy some green beans and after a little bit of searching I came across this recipe.  I really enjoy nutmeg so I thought it was worth a try.
The extra flavour was amazing and the beans were so tasty!  They would complement many dishes, such as a roast or chicken very nicely.
This dish is one you could prep mostly a couple of hours in advance for a dinner party and just do the last step before you are about to serve the meal.  I think it is one that would impress your guests.
On a side note, when topping and tailing green beans I find it easiest to snap off the extra bits instead of using a knife.

Green Beans Amandine

1 lb green beans, topped and tailed
1/3 cup slivered almonds
1tbsp butter
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
  1. In a deepish frying pan boil about an inch of water.  Place the beans in and cover with a lid, cooking the beans until they are tender crisp.  Remove them from the pan and place in cold water to prevent further cooking.
  2. Discard the water and return the pan to the stove on a medium heat.  Add the almonds and toast until they lightly brown and become aromatic.  Remove from the pan to use for later.
  3. Return the pan to a medium heat and add the butter, almonds and the nutmeg.  Toss them in the pan until the beans have reheated.  Toss in the almonds just before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment