I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Monday 17 December 2012

Butter Tarts

Butter tarts are wonderful year round but they were always a special treat my mom would make at Christmas.  I have yet to taste a better recipe.  Growing up, most of my family members didn't like nut or coconut but you are welcome to add them to this recipe if you like.  This recipe also freezes very well.

1 package frozen unsweetened pastry tart shells

1 cup of white sugar
1 cup seedless raisins
2 eggs
1 Tsp. vanilla
1/3 butter
4Tbsps. Cream or Half & Half
  1. Preheat the oven to 375 F. 
  2. In a saucepan, mix together sugar, raisins, vanilla, butter and cream.  
  3. Beat the eggs and add to the mixture.  
  4. Boil at medium heat for five minutes.
  5. Place the uncooked tart shells on a cookie sheet and fill the shells with the mixture.
  6. Bake for 15 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment