I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Monday 6 August 2012

Blueberry Syrup

There were an abundance of blueberries that needed to be used up at our house over the weekend and I did not mind in the slightest because I love blueberries and I have many recipes that I enjoy making with blueberries.  I ended up making four different types of blueberry preserves: Blueberry Thyme Compote, Blueberry Cherry Jam, Blueberry Lemon Lavender Jam and Blueberry Syrup.  Plus a couple of other recipes to help use up all the other produce I had.
On weekends my husband and I try to have a nice breakfast of pancakes or waffles as a special treat for working hard all week and to give us enough energy for while we are out at the farm.  It is always nice to have a berry syrup to put on top of them instead of regular old syrup.  This is a simple recipe that
does not take much time and makes a delicious syrup that you can use in many ways.


Blueberry Syrup

4 cups blueberries
2 tbsp vanilla
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tbsp cinnamon (optional)
2 cups water
  1. Simmer 3 cups of the blueberries with the other ingredients until they reach the desired consistency.
  2. Add the remaining blueberries into the pot and warm them briefly.
  3. Can what you want and enjoy the rest on some fresh pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment