I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Wednesday 19 December 2012

Creamy Mushroom Sauce

So like many nights in the past I was standing in the kitchen unsure of what to make for dinner.  I hadn't gone grocery shopping in a while and I was trying to use up the last bit of produce in the fridge before going to the market to restock the fridge.  This time of the year we eat out so much at parties that home cooked meals don't happen to frequently do we don't keep much in the fridge.  When I opened the fridge I found some mushrooms that needed to be enjoyed soon so I thought I would hit up google to find a basic recipe (remember I am having a little case of the old mother hub bard problem) to use them up in.
I was very happy to come across this recipe and I will definitely use it in the future.  With only a few ingredients it made a delicious pasta sauce that did not require too much effort.  I love the fact that I could use my food processor to chop up the onion and garlic.

Creamy Mushroom Sauce

5 or 6 mushrooms
garlic (use your judgement as to how garlicky you like it)
small bunch of parsley
1 cup of cream or 3% milk
1/4 cup butter or olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
  1. In a food processor place the mushrooms, garlic and parsley. Process until everything is in small pieces.
  2. Cook this mixture with the butter/olive oil in a frying pan until the moisture has absorbed.
  3. Add the cream, salt and pepper.  Reduce until it is at your desired consistency.
  4. Serve over fresh pasta with so parmesan.
Adapted from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment