I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Sunday 2 December 2012

Drunken Chorizo Sausage

This is another family favourite at Christmas time.  This is a great tasting impressive appetizer that doesn't require much as far as ingredients and preparation goes but vanishes quickly when it is put out.  I like that it is one that I can make in advance and keep it warm in the oven for when guests arrive.

Drunken Chorizo Sausage

1 Chorizo or Garlic Sausage
1 bottle of red wine
3 or 4 minced garlic cloves
toothpicks for serving
  1. Cut the sausage into into 1/2 inch slices.
  2. In a frying pan, put the sausage, garlic and wine and allow it to simmer over medium heat.  As the wine is absorbed, add more until you achieve the flavour you desire.
  3. Serve on toothpicks hot.  You can keep them in a dish in the oven if you make them ahead of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment