I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Friday 21 December 2012

Spinach Dip

This dip is one my family has been making for years and it is always a hit at the parties we bring it too.  It is also often requested as well.  I think it is a great standby for if you are not feeling to creative or if you are in a rush.  Most of the ingredients are ones that you can keep in your house for a last minute event.  It is easy to through together and one that can be made in advance.  It also is a fairly healthy recipe and goes well with veggies so you can make a batch and use it for your lunches and snacks through out the week.
For serving it at a party, buying a sour-dough round and carving it into a bowl always looks great and provides dippers but bowl is fine too.  The dippers that I commonly use are veggies, bread, crackers and chips but I am sure there are plenty of others you can use.

Spinach Dip

2 packages frozen chopped spinach (thawed)
1 package Knor's Vegetable Soup Mix
500 ml plain unsweetened yogurt
1 can water chestnuts
tabasco sauce to taste (optional)
  1. In a bowl mix together the yogurt and soup mix.
  2. Squeeze out the excess water from the spinach and add to the bowl.
  3. Drain and rinse the water chestnuts.  Chop them up into small pieces and add them to the bowl.
  4. Mix everything together and taste, if you would like to add some spice put in tabasco sauce to your liking.
  5. Serve with your choice of veggies or keep in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment