I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Friday 21 December 2012

Cucumber Cocktail Shrimp

During the holiday season it is always nice to have simple recipes that can be thrown together easily but still looks and taste great.  This is another recipe that I grew up having at Christmas time and I enjoyed helping my mom make.  If there are seafood lovers at an event you are hosting this one is a hit and goes fast.

Cucumber Cocktail Shrimp

1 bottle cocktail sauce
2 english cucumbers
2 packages shelled shrimp
3 tbsp lemon juice
fresh parsley
  1. Wash and cut the cucumber into one inch rounds.  With a melon baller scoop out some of the seeds but do not go all the way through.
  2. Spoon cocktail sauce into the little bowl you have made in the cucumber.
  3. Toss the shrimp with lemon juice and some chopped fresh parsley.
  4. Place shrimp on top of the cocktail sauce.
  5. Place a parsley leaf on top of the shrimp.
  6. Arrange on a plate and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment