I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Tuesday 11 December 2012

Snowballs


What a treat!  These little guys are a huge hit with my family.  Unfortunately my Grandmother has forbid me from bringing them to any family function she is attending for she lacks the will power to have just one!  When making them try to keep them to the size of a cherry tomato because they are on the sweet side.

Snowballs

1/2 cup icing sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup coconut flakes, for rolling
Glaze
2 1/4 cups icing sugar
3 tbsp hot water
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
  2. Cream together the butter, shortening, icing sugar and vanilla.
  3. Add flour and salt.  Mix to form a smooth dough.
  4. Roll into cherry tomato size balls and place on a cookie sheet.  Bake for 8-10 minutes.
  5. Cool, coat with glaze, and roll in coconut.  Let the glaze dry thoroughly before storing in an air tight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment