I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Sunday 16 December 2012

Chocolate Balls

This is another recipe that is beloved by my family.  It is super easy and one that kids enjoy making.  They are very tasty and I am sure you could add a splash of your favourite liqueur if you feel so inclined.
You can roll these in your choice of powders or coverings, my preferred pick is coconut but you can use icing sugar, graham wafer crumbs, Oreo cookie crumbs, ground nuts or sprinkles to name a few.

Chocolate Balls

1/2 cup butter
1 can condensed milk
2 bakers dark chocolate squares
1 box cookie crumbs (oreo or graham wafer), you will need extra if you are planning to use them as a 
          topping
1 cup topping of choice
  1. In a pot, on low heat melt together the butter, chocolate and condensed milk.  Stir frequently so it doesn't burn.
  2. Add the cookie crumbs and stir until they are thoroughly combined.
  3. Roll into balls with a one inch diameter.  It helps if you have butter on your hands.  Roll the balls in the topping of your choice.
  4. Store in a air tight container.


No comments:

Post a Comment