I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Thursday 9 August 2012

Apricot Fruit Leathers

I just got a new food dehydrator last week and I love fruit leathers so I thought making some would be a great way to use up some of the case of apricots.  It is amazing how simple these are to make.  It is nice to have home made ones because they are not filled with all the preservatives the store bought ones are.

Apricot Fruit Leathers

1/2 cup sugar
2 cups pitted and diced fresh apricots
1 tbsp lemon juice

Making it in an oven

  1. Preheat the oven to the lowest setting you have. (Usually about 150)
  2. Combine the lemon juice, sugar and diced apricots in a sauce pan. Heat until the sugar has melted.  Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth.
  3. Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper and pour the pureed fruit evenly on the surface.  
  4. Bake for 4-6 hours in the preheated oven or until it is no longer sticky.  Use a something to keep the oven door slightly ajar.
  5. Cut into strips and store in an air tight container.

Making it in a dehydrator

  1. Combine the lemon juice, sugar and diced apricots in a sauce pan. Heat until the sugar has melted.  Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth.
  2. Pour evenly on the dehydrator sheets and place in the dehydrator for about 10 - 12 hours.
  3. Cut into strips and store in an air tight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment