I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Wednesday 22 August 2012

Christmas Relish

Well right now I almost have more zucchinis than I care to deal with but I have lots of recipes I would like to try and only a limited amount of time when I have an ample supply of them from the garden.  When I found this recipe in my zucchini cook book I knew it was a perfect on for me to try because at Christmas I like to give my family home made gifts.  I am very happy with how it turned out and I am sure once I gift it I will get requests for more!  This is another great recipe of

Christmas Relish

12 cups grated zucchini
2 grated green peppers
2 chopped red peppers
4 cups coarsely chopped onion
1/3 cup pickling salt
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp celery seed
1 tbsp corn starch
1/2 tsp pepper
3 cups vinegar
4 1/2 cups sugar

Day 1

  1. In a large bowl or pan mix together the prepared vegetables and pickling salt.  Let stand overnight.

Day 2

  1. Drain the vegetables and rinse with cold water.
  2. Mix together the rest of the ingredients into a large pot.
  3. Add the vegetables and boil for 20 minutes.
  4. Pour into sterilized jars and seal.

No comments:

Post a Comment