I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Thursday 9 August 2012

Puffed Peach Dessert

I had some peaches to use up so I looked online for a recipe and I found one that looked like a good start but I changed it around a bit and it turned out great.  I am sure this would work with all sorts of different types of fruit too!

Puffed Peach Dessert

4 tbsp butter
1/2 cup sugar, plus extra to sprinkle on top
1 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup milk
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3 or 4 peaches, pitted and thinly sliced

  1. Preheat the oven to 375 F.  While it is preheating place butter into a baking dish and allow it to melt while the oven heats up.
  2. Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl and blend well.
  3. In a separate bowl beat together the wet ingredients with a fork.
  4. Combine the wet and dry ingredients together until they are blended.
  5. Pour the batter into the baking dish.  Arrange the peaches (or fruit of your choice) into the batter and sprinkle the top with sugar.
  6. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the centre.
Enjoy hot or cold and if there are any leftovers it tastes great for breakfast.


No comments:

Post a Comment