I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Thursday 23 August 2012

Cheesy Zucchini Bread

Here is yet another way to use up some of the summertime zucchini goodness.  The zucchini helps keep the bread nice and moist.  I really enjoy this bread and I think it is a perfect match with some nice soup in the winter.  In the summer I will make a bunch to put in the deep freezer and take it out throughout the winter when I make soups at least once a week. It tastes great on its own, warmed with some butter.

Cheesy Zucchini Bread

3 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp onion flakes
1 cup grated zucchini
1/3 cup melted butter
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup butter milk
3 tbsp parmesan cheese, plus extra for sprinkling on top
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease and flour a 9"x5" loaf pan or some mini loaf pans.
  2. Combine the toasted onion and grated zucchini, allow it to sit for at least 10 minutes.
  3. Combine and mix together the dry ingredients.
  4. Stir in the eggs, butter and butter milk and parmesan cheese into the flour mixture.  Add the zucchini mixture and stir until just combined
  5. Pour into the loaf pan(s) and sprinkle the tops with extra parmesan.
  6. Bake for 50 - 65 minutes for a regular loaf and 25-35 minutes for mini loafs.  (It is ready when it passes the tooth pick test)

No comments:

Post a Comment