I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Wednesday 8 August 2012

Blueberry Thyme Compote

This recipe is one of my mother-in-laws summer specialties!  It is one she had adapted from a recipe she found in a magazine years ago and she now wings it so each time it may be a little different but it tastes great.  She usually serves it with brie cheese that has been heated on the barbecue on top of a cedar plank.  The paring goes so well and is a wonderful appetizer on a hot summers day.
This is the basic recipe but feel free to experiment by adding different herbs and spices to the mix.

Blueberry Thyme Compote

4 cups blueberries
1 cup sugar
1 orange, zested and juiced
3 sprigs thyme
  1. Combine the ingredients in a pot and boil together until it reachers the desired consistency.
  2. Serve warm with your choice of cheeses and a bagette.
***You can always add extra blueberries in while you warm it up to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment