I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Thursday 12 July 2012

Sage and Garlic Fava Beans

I was excited when I walked down to the garden at the farm today there were a bunch of fava beans ready for to harvest.  It feels like it has taken a very long time for anything to mature in the garden this year because we had a very long and wet spring.  I also had a recipe in mind to use them in.  On the hour long drive home I couldn't help but think how amazing they were going to taste for dinner.  When I got home I went straight to my cookbook cabinet and began searching for the recipe.  I was so disappointed when I could not find the recipe I was looking for and I did not have the ingredients I needed for the other recipes I came across.  Feeling a little defeated I turned to google to help me out and I found a bunch of great looking recipes.  I finally decided on this one but I have saved a couple others to use in the near future.
I should mention that if you are a garlic lover like I am, this is not the recipe to be adding extra in because it will overpower the subtle flavours of the sage and beans.


Sage and Garlic Fava Beans

3 lb Fava beans
3 tb Olive oil
3 tb Butter
2 Cloves garlic; minced
Salt/pepper
1 tb Chopped fresh sage
  1. Steam the fava beans until they are tender and then remove the outer skin.
  2. Heat the oil and the butter in a large skillet.  Add the garlic and sage and stir over medium heat until the garlic is tender. 
  3. Add the beans and stir to coat them in the butter mixture.  Season with salt and pepper before serving them hot.
Click here to see the original recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment