I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Monday 30 July 2012

Cinnamon Raisin Muffins

September means it is time to get back into the school routine and one way I like to do that is by making lots and muffins so I can freeze them to take out during a busy week.
These muffins are a simple way to have a health breakfast when you are in a rush to leave in the morning.  You can make a batch on the weekend and then grab one as you are running out the door.  I love how moist they stay because of the apple in the recipe.  I would definitely say this recipe is worth a try, but only if you like raisins ;)


Cinnamon Raisin Muffins


  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup rolled oats
  • 1 Tbsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 3/4 cup raisins
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 apple, grated, skin on
  • 1. Preheat oven to 375° F (190° C).
    2. Lightly spray muffin pan with vegetable oil.
    3. In large mixing bowl, whisk together first 5 ingredients. Stir in raisins and set aside.
    4. In small mixing bowl, whisk together egg, brown sugar, milk, vegetable oil and grated apple.
    5. Pour liquid into dry ingredients, stirring only until moistened. Batter should be lumpy.
    6. Fill muffin pan cups 2/3 full. Bake 18 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment