I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Tuesday 10 July 2012

Wheat Germ Salmon Berry Muffins

The salmon berry season is coming to an end so this will likely be my last salmon very post for the year.  I am glad I decided to try to experiment with these berries this year instead of just eating a few as I walked by the bushes at the farm.  I look forward to experimenting more with them next year and I have learned in my hunt for recipes that these berries actually freeze pretty well.  
This is another recipe that I adapted from a raspberry recipe and I have posted a link to the original recipe below.  I am sure this recipe would work great with a number of different berries and I look forward to using it again soon.


Wheat Germ Salmon Berry Muffins

1 3/4 cup flour
1/3 cup wheat germ
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp grated lemon rind (optional but I highly recommend)
1/2 tsp salt
1 medium egg
1 cup milk
1/4 vegetable oil
1 cup fresh or frozen salmon berries
  1. In a large bowl, using a whisk or a fork, combine the flour, wheat germ, sugar, baking powder, lemon rind and the salt.
  2. In another bowl, using a disk, lightly beat the egg, and then whisk in the milk, and the oil. 
  3. Combine the wet and the dry ingredients and mix until just blended.
  4. Carefully fold in the raspberries, being careful not to break them up too much.
  5. Spoon the batter into a muffin tin, about 3/4s full.
  6. Bake at 400 F for 15-18 minutes, or until when inserted, a toothpick comes out clean.
To view the original recipe click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment