I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Friday 27 July 2012

Roasted Cauliflower Soup

When I was at the farmer's market the other day there was a great deal on some cauliflower that was close to expiring so I decided to grab some to make some soup.  I enjoy making soups because the leftovers freeze well and make great lunches.
2 heads cauliflower
3 cloves garlic
2 shallots
2 tbsp olive oil
3 cups chicken broth
1 cup water
1 tsp finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
1 bay leaf
2 cups heavy cream

  1. Preheat the oven to 425 F.
  2. Cut cauliflower into 1-inch flowerets (about 10 cups). In a large baking pan toss cauliflower, garlic, and shallots with oil to coat and roast in middle of oven about 30 minutes, or until golden.
  3. In a 4-quart kettle simmer broth, water, roasted cauliflower mixture, and herbs 30 minutes, or until cauliflower is very tender. 
  4. Discard bay leaf and in a blender puree soup in batches until smooth (use caution when blending hot liquids), transferring to a bowl. 
  5. Return soup to kettle and stir in cream and salt and pepper to taste. Heat soup over moderate heat until just heated through.
The original recipe can be seen here.



No comments:

Post a Comment