I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Monday 23 July 2012

Hoisin Sauce

I found a recipe that looked great today and I really wanted to try it, unfortunately I did not have any hoisin sauce on hand so I thought I would be out of luck.  Then I decided I might as well see if I could find a recipe to make my own hoisin sauce online and I was fortunate because not only did I find a recipe for homemade hoisin sauce I also happened to have all the ingredients I needed on hand in my pantry.
It was so easy to put together and had an amazing flavour I don't think I will buy the store bought variety anymore.  I really like that I had the ability to pick the amount of spice I wanted to put in.

Hoisin Sauce

4 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp peanut butter
1 tbsp molases or honey
2 tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
1 garlic clove finely chopped
2 tsp sesame seed oil
1 tsp Chinese hot sauce (or to taste)
1/8 tsp cracked black pepper
  1. Combine ingredients into a small bowl.
  2. Whisk the ingredients until they are well blended.
    ***You may need to heat it up to really blend in the peanut butter.  I microwaved mine for a minute and then it blended really well.
You can view the original recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment