I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Sunday 1 July 2012

Salmon Berry Jam



My dad has a farm that I go to regularly and my husband and I have taken over some land to have a vegetable garden.  This year has been slow and wet and so far we haven't had much of a chance to harvest much besides strawberries.  However, at the farm there is an abundant supply of salmonberries. These berries are nice and refreshing but you can only eat so many at a time.  I hate seeing perfectly good food go to waste so yesterday I decided to pick a bucket full to take home and try to find some way to make use of them.  Last year I started to make my own jams and I love how wonderful the flavour is and I prefer it to store bought jams.  I decided I might as well try to make some jam out of the berries and it turned out very well.  The ratio for this jam is 3 parts berries to 2 parts sugar.  I am hoping there will still be some berries next time I go out because I would like to make more of this one!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment