I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Wednesday 25 July 2012

White Chocolate Craisin Oat Bars

Today I was hungry and I was offered a store bought granola bar and it was a variety I used to enjoy.  As I ate it I realized that I preferred the ones I made, the Banana Chocolate Chip Granola Bars.  I decided that when I got home I should make some more of my own granola bars so I can have some on hand in the future.  When I got home I realized I did not have any bananas ready for the recipe but I remembered the site I got the recipe from had another recipe so I decided to try it.  I also thought I might as well make a double batch because of how quickly the last one went.
This recipe was very easy to follow and quick to make.  I think granola bars are going to be another item that I much prefer home made to store bought.

White Chocolate Craisin Oat Bars

1/2 cup wheat germ
3/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup plain yogurt
2 eggs
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups oats
2 tbsp flax seeds
2 tbsp sesame seeds
1/3 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup craisins
  1. Beat together the wet ingredients and the sugar in a bowl.
  2. Gradually alternate adding the flour and wheat germ.
  3. Stir in the flax seed, oats, and then the white chocolate and craisins.
  4. Pour the batter into a 9x13 inch pan (or two 9x13 inch pans for thinner bars).  Make sure the batter is spread evenly throughout the pan by patting it down with a spatula or the back of a spoon.
  5. Cook the bars for 8-12 minutes at 375 F.  Take them out when the tops have browned slightly and if you press on it it should still spring back.  You don't want it to be too dry in the middle.
  6. Let the bars cool in the pan for a bit before cutting them out and wrapping them individually.
These bars freeze great so if you make a double batch you can freeze some for later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment